Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Archery noob Edmonton (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=363901)

Erik 05-15-2019 04:15 PM

Archery noob Edmonton

I'm looking for the best archery lanes to do (hopefully) some drop-in archery. I don't have a bow, so also a place that rents gear if that is a thing in the archery world. Also, I am doing this because my daughter has a fleeting interest, so hopefully some recommendations for children's intro to archery. I'm mostly interested in recurve/long bows, but my kid probably wants to explore options, if that helps at all. Just kinda want to approach it casually to dabble and see if we like it.

Thanks,

Erik

normanrd 05-15-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik (Post 3976632)
I'm looking for the best archery lanes to do (hopefully) some drop-in archery. I don't have a bow, so also a place that rents gear if that is a thing in the archery world. Also, I am doing this because my daughter has a fleeting interest, so hopefully some recommendations for children's intro to archery. I'm mostly interested in recurve/long bows, but my kid probably wants to explore options, if that helps at all. Just kinda want to approach it casually to dabble and see if we like it.

Thanks,

Erik

Go to Jimbows. They will get you shooting in a hurry!

Norm

Fitscottn 05-15-2019 05:51 PM

Jimbows x2

I am pretty new at it myself and they really did a great job of making sure I had the right information to get proficient quickly and safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coyotekiller 05-16-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by normanrd (Post 3976653)
Go to Jimbows. They will get you shooting in a hurry!

Norm

X3 Jimbows is a great place to go

pannas 05-17-2019 05:35 AM

Capital region archery (CRAC) has some summer events for kids over 10 years coming up and they usually have some come and try type events.
If you become a member, you get a swipe card which gives you 24hr access, use of the club bows (recurves) and beginner lessons are included (they run Saturdays from September till March)

Coreyh 05-20-2019 10:07 PM

Justin at Wyld Archery rents gear and allows kids. I brought my boy to Jim Bows a couple of years ago but they don't (or didn't at the time) allow kids under 10 for insurance reasons.

Lefty-Canuck 05-20-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coreyh (Post 3978926)
Justin at Wyld Archery rents gear and allows kids. I brought my boy to Jim Bows a couple of years ago but they don't (or didn't at the time) allow kids under 10 for insurance reasons.

I believe they won’t rent to kids under 10 but if they have their own equipment they can shoot there if they are under 10. Best to call and clarify though.

LC

bobtodrick 05-21-2019 10:34 AM

Jimbows.
Been to Wyld and found that on the weekends it was often hard to get a lane.
Jimbows twice the area and lanes so have never had to wait.
Plus you can't beat the guys behind the counter...Carson is top notch.

johng 05-22-2019 08:24 PM

send me a pm if you're looking to rent a bow

johng 05-22-2019 08:25 PM

*rent or buy