Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Stand hunting insulation (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=173568)

bonecollector10 04-02-2013 11:40 AM

Stand hunting insulation

I have terrible blood circulation in my feet and just thinking about winter gets them cold. Up until later October I wear under armour camo with two layers of merino wool underneath and my body stays relatively warm but my feet freeze and when the feet freeze the whole body freezes. I think Ive found a solution for cold November hunting but still have nothing for my feet.

So im wondering what everyone out there is using to keep there feet warm come October November

Thanks

SBE2 04-02-2013 12:53 PM

cold feet

I'll be trying the Thermocell battery powered insoles this year. Have talked to a couple of guys that have used, said they worked well. They go for about $120/pair I think.

benamen 04-02-2013 01:24 PM

I have used both the Baffin Titan and Sorel Glacier boots in the deep of winter. Never had cold feet but the rest of me was. Sorels are lighter but the Baffin is all rubber and great while ice fishing and using a power auger.

Titan 08 04-02-2013 02:00 PM

My wife has had her feet frost bitten in the past, two years ago my son bought her a pair of Cabela's Predator Extreme boots, they have 1200 gm of thinsulate and she has stayed out for a protracted time in -35 without her feet getting cold. Get a half size larger for some wiggle room. They come in a men's version also. They are a little awkward at first but once you wear them for a short period of time you will swear by them. I also bought a pair and wear them for very cold weather hunting, if anything, my feet are sometimes too warm in them. Perfect for stand hunting.

crocker038 04-03-2013 01:09 AM

Steger camo mukluks :D

bonecollector10 04-04-2013 11:45 AM

picked up some bamas from marks workwearhouse and those are unreal. I was thinking with a thinner insulated sock and these bamas plus some artic boots by muck I should be good. Anyone ever use these mucks?

Dog hunter 04-04-2013 12:31 PM

Any decent hunting boot 1200 gram+ and those slip ons with a hot pack pocket for sitting works great

brohymn2 04-04-2013 01:35 PM

i picked up the muck artic sports at the sportsmen show, wearing em around te house my feet didnt ge too hot, dunno how theyre gonna work in the fall

SPIKEHORN 04-04-2013 06:34 PM

Raven wear boot blankets, quiet and super warm

pikeslayer22 04-04-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonecollector10 (Post 1916064)
picked up some bamas from marks workwearhouse and those are unreal. I was thinking with a thinner insulated sock and these bamas plus some artic boots by muck I should be good. Anyone ever use these mucks?

Have the Arctic Sports they are the warmest boots I have worn mostly used for ice fishing...1 pair of socks never got cold once...would definitely recommend them

winmag 04-04-2013 07:32 PM

cold feet

what ever happened to the old sheep wool zip up super warm flight boots my dad had , you wore shoes in them. Would be perfect in a cold blind

deanmc 04-04-2013 08:23 PM

Some anti perspirant on your feet helps to keep them from getting sweaty during the walk to the stand. Really helps mine stay warmer.