Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Stoney plain gunshow OCT 20 & 21 (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=353244)

221fb 10-19-2018 02:04 PM

Stoney plain gunshow OCT 20 & 21

Edmonton CHAS gunshow @ Stoney Plain
Oct 20 & 21

Dick284 10-20-2018 07:12 PM

Got there at 10:30 today, picked up a couple small ticket nick jacks, but boy howdy were most of the used rifles priced insanely high.

And the isles by the overhead doors were too narrow, I gotta wonder how much stuff got the old five finger discount! The narrow isles defiantly were a big take away.

Bushrat 10-20-2018 08:52 PM

No kidding...... Browning X-bolt Hunter 6.5 Creedmore, used, not bad shape, some wear and tear $1395.00. Comes with Browning scope rings. Same rifle brand new from Canadian Tire $899. As usual there were many examples of used rifles asking higher than new retail prices.

Zuludog 10-20-2018 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushrat (Post 3858528)
No kidding....... As usual there were many examples of used rifles asking higher than new retail prices.

Yup. The prices on old scopes were just as bad.

Kurt505 10-20-2018 09:11 PM

After seeing the prices of the beat up Ruger #1’s I think I have to raise the price of mine!

I did buy a couple of those wool coats tho.

tranq78 10-21-2018 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick284 (Post 3858477)
Got there at 10:30 today, picked up a couple small ticket nick jacks, but boy howdy were most of the used rifles priced insanely high.

And the isles by the overhead doors were too narrow, I gotta wonder how much stuff got the old five finger discount! The narrow isles defiantly were a big take away.

I've never been to a gunshow before but had some free time yesterday.

So I went without expecting anything. Ended up finding a VZ Mauser unmolested stock set w/metal. A nice find.

Didn't see the unicorn I was looking for, a Type 38 Carbine stock set, though.

The place was packed but people were friendly.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

bobalong 10-21-2018 03:12 PM

Always fun looking at rifles but for at least 5 years or more now every time I look at one of these threads the story is the same....................used guns,scopes, etc. are to high priced. After all these years of high prices are you seriously thinking you are going to find a good/great deal?:thinking-006:

Bushrat 10-21-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobalong (Post 3858880)
Always fun looking at rifles but for at least 5 years or more now every time I look at one of these threads the story is the same....................used guns,scopes, etc. are to high priced. After all these years of high prices are you seriously thinking you are going to find a good/great deal?:thinking-006:

There are deals, but they go quick, if something is really reasonably priced, other dealers will buy it from you and put them on their tables for several hundred dollars more. I had a few tables over the years at gunshows, always sold stuff because it was priced to sell. More than once at shows other vendors would get mad and tell me I'm selling to cheap, I tell them I came there to actually sell and get rid of stuff not pay for tables, sit there all weekend and take it all back home again rather than complain like they do that the show sucked because they couldn't sell anything.

Dean2 10-22-2018 01:21 AM

The problem is, somewhere along the lines someone sold one of those horribly over priced guns and the word spread among all the other sellers. Now they go for years looking to find that unicorn buyer that will make it come true for them too!

I have seen the odd decent deal, never a spectacular one. I have however seen a ton of really crappy guns at inflated prices and a raft of loading gear at 160% of new. Can't go there expecting a garage sale home run. Not going to happen.

I enjoy gun shows to be able to go and meet guys, chat and wander. Gives you something to do on a Sunday.