Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Scorpion Optics (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=274587)

Bigmac56 12-16-2015 11:41 AM

Scorpion Optics

Does anyone know anything about "Scorpion optics"? Are they good quality? Any input would be great. I am looking at a scope.

Thanks

purgatory.sv 12-16-2015 12:13 PM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=128495
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=82762

I have no experience with them, but the links should give you some feedback.

Kevlak 12-16-2015 12:24 PM

Once you read the above links and find out how people don't like them, go look through a few Nikon scopes, best bang for your buck!

Kevin

Bigmac56 12-16-2015 12:27 PM

Thank you

Hunter1602 12-16-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevlak (Post 3072654)
Once you read the above links and find out how people don't like them, go look through a few Nikon scopes, best bang for your buck!

Kevin

For the price of a scorpion high grade, you can purchase a Nikon Monarch. Having had both I can tell you there's a huge difference.
You'll be much happier with a Nikon, or anything other then a Scorpion

Ceilidh69 12-16-2015 03:25 PM

Don't buy a Scorpion - had one and happily got rid of it

Okotokian 12-16-2015 03:29 PM

Someof the guys on WILD Tv are sponsored by Scorpion (The EDGE I think) and act like they use them... but I wonder if they really do on their once in a lifetime Asian sheep hunts. ;)

elkhunter11 12-16-2015 03:40 PM

I looked at a couple of Scorpion scopes at Huntfest as few years ago, and that was enough to convince me to never own one. I also looked at Quigley Ford, and King Optics the same day, and came to the same conclusion about them..

sns2 12-16-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okotokian (Post 3072851)
Someof the guys on WILD Tv are sponsored by Scorpion (The EDGE I think) and act like they use them... but I wonder if they really do on their once in a lifetime Asian sheep hunts. ;)

No way in hell.

Thunder/FX 12-16-2015 05:37 PM

I bought the Red hot 17
Peetz o CHIT!!!
Took it skeet shooting...
Flew pretty good...

allaboutmathews 04-08-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder/FX (Post 3072994)
I bought the Red hot 17

Peetz o CHIT!!!

Took it skeet shooting...

Flew pretty good...

Hahaha!! That’s Awesome! I wish I would have read some of these before I bought mine. It’s a venom high grade 4-16x50 and I’m not entirely impressed with it. Holds zero, turrets work... just garbage glass is all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewster29 04-09-2020 10:46 AM

Avoid scopes from the country that gave Covid to the world.

You can easily buy a used Bushnell 3200 or maybe even a used Leupold
VX2 for the price of a Scorpion. Some of their "higher end" scopes are priced more than new Leupolds.

EZM 04-09-2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brewster29 (Post 4146125)
Avoid scopes from the country that gave Covid to the world.

You can easily buy a used Bushnell 3200 or maybe even a used Leupold
VX2 for the price of a Scorpion. Some of their "higher end" scopes are priced more than new Leupolds.

While we are on the topic of poor optics …. I recently purchased a gun with a Nikko Sterling ……. well, let's just say I like the skeet shooting idea.

Pretty disappointed at the clarity, the eye relief had to be absolutely perfect, not a mm closer or further, and would get fuzzy as it increased magnification to the point where making out any detail was tough.

It also just felt cheap, adjustments, construction, finish.....

elkhunter11 04-09-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZM (Post 4146286)
While we are on the topic of poor optics …. I recently purchased a gun with a Nikko Sterling ……. well, let's just say I like the skeet shooting idea.

Pretty disappointed at the clarity, the eye relief had to be absolutely perfect, not a mm closer or further, and would get fuzzy as it increased magnification to the point where making out any detail was tough.

It also just felt cheap, adjustments, construction, finish.....

I have seen several, with the crosshairs broken. One fellow at my previous range broke two crosshairs on a .338win mag, before he finally bought a better quality scope.

Dean2 04-09-2020 02:28 PM

Scorpion, Barska, new Tasco, FSI, BSA, Simmons, Nikons cause now the warranty isn't worth a thing, and a whole raft of others are pure crap. Vortex has a great warranty but a failure rate WAY higher than top brand scopes. There are in fact far more lousy scopes than there are good ones. Stick to Leupold, Nightforce, Swaro, Zeiss and the high end Bushnells and you will minimize the chances of failures and be treated right if one does break. Futz around with the other crap and you will waste your money and pay the price of missed opportunities.

EZM 04-09-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean2 (Post 4146323)
Scorpion, Barska, new Tasco, FSI, BSA, Simmons, Nikons cause now the warranty isn't worth a thing, and a whole raft of others are pure crap. Vortex has a great warranty but a failure rate WAY higher than top brand scopes. There are in fact far more lousy scopes than there are good ones. Stick to Leupold, Nightforce, Swaro, Zeiss and the high end Bushnells and you will minimize the chances of failures and be treated right if one does break. Futz around with the other crap and you will waste your money and pay the price of missed opportunities.

This exactly right. All of the glass I've purchased on my guns wear Leopold, Zeiss or Swaro.

The only other brands of scopes I own either came with the gun or are on a cheap 22's. Anything I shoot lot's that isn't a good scope gets replaced.

I spend almost as much on optics as I do the gun. I have zero regrets.

270person 04-09-2020 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean2 (Post 4146323)

Nikon is pure crap? Got to disagree Dean. Other than being a tad heavy my Monarchs are every bit as good as my Leupolds. Zeiss def a cut above.

Hawkeye 04-09-2020 11:20 PM

Isn't Nikon stopping selling scopes and there will be no warranties?

Dean2 04-10-2020 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 4146658)
Isn't Nikon stopping selling scopes and there will be no warranties?

Exactly correct. Was good glass but they had a very high failure rate like Vortex. As long as they had the lifetime warranty some people could live with it but not now.

elkhunter11 04-10-2020 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean2 (Post 4146669)
Exactly correct. Was good glass but they had a very high failure rate like Vortex. As long as they had the lifetime warranty some people could live with it but not now.

I have only owned three Monarchs, but zero issues with them after several years. Friends also own several Monarchs with zero issues. I don't like their cheaper lines, but I trust the Monarch line more than the Vortex scopes. That being said, I have Swarovski, Zeiss, and Kahles on my other rifles.

58thecat 04-10-2020 08:09 AM

I will take anyone's scorpion optics....pm me and I will send you my address....

Got a few 22's to rig up.....

:)

Kinda same situation when people where saying ban bc wines etc...pour it out...hell no....I will take'em off you.....