Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pink mould inside case of beer. (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=389090)

tool 10-17-2020 11:33 AM

Pink mould inside case of beer.

So I bought a 18 pack of popular name brand beer Friday night. Opened the box up to find that there why appears to be pink mould on the cans and inside of box, stringy pink stuff that looks like pink cotton candy.

Contacted the manufacturer and they said they would reimburse me for the purchase, asked the rep what to do with said beer and they said “whatever you want”.

Would you drink it or dump it?

saddleup 10-17-2020 11:35 AM

Call it pink lemonade and drink it....

Bigwoodsman 10-17-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tool (Post 4249822)
So I bought a 18 pack of popular name brand beer Friday night. Opened the box up to find that there why appears to be pink mould on the cans and inside of box, stringy pink stuff that looks like pink cotton candy.

Contacted the manufacturer and they said they would reimburse me for the purchase, asked the rep what to do with said beer and they said “whatever you want”.

Would you drink it or dump it?

Are all the cans bottles sealed? If so at least try it. Better than a mouse in the bottle.

BW

Twisted Canuck 10-17-2020 11:57 AM

Wash them down with bleach water, rinse, refrigerated, drink. It's not like there will be mold inside.

Probably.:)

colroggal 10-17-2020 11:58 AM

If the cans are sealed wash them in a vinegar or bleach solution and tip away.

Likely a can in another case stacked above it got punctured and yours got leaked on.

Colin

KGB 10-17-2020 12:01 PM

I would pour the can of beer into the large beer glass first... then add vodka in equal parts. That will kill all bad mould that might be inside. Drink up! :scared0018: In Russia, we call it yorsh.....:sHa_shakeshout: Very popular drink among alcoholics!:sHa_shakeshout:

Grizzly Adams 10-17-2020 12:05 PM

Never destroy beer needlessly. :lol:

Grizz

Savage Bacon 10-17-2020 01:14 PM

Wipe the cans off and drink it. That mould is probably the cleanest stuff on those cans by the time they get packaged.

tool 10-17-2020 01:18 PM

Everything was sealed, no visible stains or damage to the box or anything like that.

I cleaned the can off well and tried one, I’m sure it’s all in your head but I swear it tastes skunky. 👎

Savage Bacon 10-17-2020 01:21 PM

Where are you located? If you like for a small fee I'll go test drink a few for you.

MountainTi 10-17-2020 01:27 PM

Drink a 6 pack of new stuff first, then tie into the mouldy case. By then you'll never notice a difference.....or care

EZM 10-17-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tool (Post 4249890)
Everything was sealed, no visible stains or damage to the box or anything like that.

I cleaned the can off well and tried one, I’m sure it’s all in your head but I swear it tastes skunky. 👎

Some of the can will have date stamps .... although beer never expires at my place.

vinny 10-17-2020 04:04 PM

Save the old stuff for when cheap people come over empty handed. That’s what I do!

Positrac 10-17-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainTi (Post 4249896)
Drink a 6 pack of new stuff first, then tie into the mouldy case. By then you'll never notice a difference.....or care

That’s kind of what I do with the neighbours Pilsner. I always drink the nectar of the gods first (Lucky) then I move onto his Pilsner. Come to think of it he does the opposite....

Can you guess what provinces we were originally from?

MountainTi 10-17-2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Positrac (Post 4250044)
That’s kind of what I do with the neighbours Pilsner. I always drink the nectar of the gods first (Lucky) then I move onto his Pilsner. Come to think of it he does the opposite....

Can you guess what provinces we were originally from?

Lol, it's a toss up which one to start with.

Now Bowen Island, there's a bad beer. No word of a lie, it even made my teeth hurt, and that was after a whole lot of cans of bud were consumed

The Cook 10-17-2020 06:39 PM

Whiskey chaser, ba da boom ba da bing.

RandyBoBandy 10-17-2020 07:11 PM

Put the cans in the dishwasher full heat :sHa_sarcasticlol: