Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Danielle Smith (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=417887)

IronNoggin 12-03-2022 03:01 PM

Danielle Smith

Interesting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1TMzVra4jU&t

58thecat 12-03-2022 03:24 PM

gotta luv a tuff ol'girl.....better than what we had the ol'pancake flipper.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

3blade 12-03-2022 03:31 PM

Ok, well said, but this is nothing new. We all know where knothead and the dippers stand

As of today we are still subject to harmful federal overreach. Get something done instead of yapping. Saskatchewan has, what’s the hold up?

claykuch 12-03-2022 07:44 PM

She is really awesome.

tranq78 12-03-2022 07:51 PM

She is scaring somebody.

CUPE is already sponsoring 15 second attack ads on Youtube.

And she only just became premier.

elkhunter11 12-03-2022 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranq78 (Post 4585634)
She is scaring somebody.

And that is a good sign.

PaintearthCounty 12-03-2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranq78 (Post 4585634)
She is scaring somebody.

Teachers will be next to get wound up with attack ads ,

KC1 12-03-2022 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronNoggin (Post 4585536)

Thanks for posting

KegRiver 12-03-2022 09:09 PM

She has my vote,

She may yet win my respect.

Rancid Crabtree 12-03-2022 10:02 PM

I’ve never seen so many heads explode in Canadian politics.
This is trump level panic of the media and ultra left politicians.

I’m enjoying the show, she’s on the right track.
If the sovereignty act isn’t going to be effective I ask when was the last time federal leaders were watching and discussing provincial affairs other than those of Quebec?

cowmanbob 12-03-2022 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rancid Crabtree (Post 4585681)

If the sovereignty act isn’t going to be effective I ask when was the last time federal leaders were watching and discussing provincial affairs other than those of Quebec?

Pretty much my take on it.

esher 12-03-2022 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rancid Crabtree (Post 4585681)

Interesting times, about time.

6.5 shooter 12-03-2022 10:14 PM

Has my vote.

I am just wondering how long after she is elected Premier that the hounds will be set loose on the High River Gun grab? That will be a sweet day indeed...

Smokinyotes 12-03-2022 10:25 PM

I will be voting for Danielle. Even if I didn’t like her she is better than the alternative.

Peace Meal Farm 12-03-2022 10:34 PM

My wife and I moved back to rural Alberta this past summer citing a multitude of reasons. The retention of personal freedoms (and the personal responsibilities which accompany them) was one of the driving factors behind our relocation.

The Yukon - where we had spent the majority of the previous decade - neither promotes nor protects individual liberty on the same scale as this province. Fun story; during the early days of 2020 I actually had to sneak in and out of the Territory. The Territorial Liberals closed the Alaska Highway to anybody other than the vaccinated or American travelers. They put COs on the border with BC at Watson Lake to turn away undesirables, but only stationed them there 20 hours per day. Nothing like having to exit and return to your home jurisdiction at 3 in the morning to make a guy feel welcome!

Since we've been back in Alberta Premier Smith has won the UCP leadership and won her seat in the Legislature. Suffice to say that with her victory we couldn't be happier with our choice to become Albertans again. It really is the cherry on top. I support the direction in which she's pointing our province and long may it continue.

And for what it's worth, my wife is a teacher. In French immersion, no less ; ) We're hardly wound up. On the contrary - we're sitting here applauding.

wind drift 12-03-2022 10:44 PM

This Premier has not yet received a mandate from Albertans through an electoral process, yet presumes and acts as if she has one. She’s nothing more than the replacement of an abdicated leader of a fractured party that was in power. I hope she prevails, but I don’t want that to happen at the expense of Albertans’ opportunity to choose their path. Government and opposition should be focused on communicating their platforms now, not making changes ahead of due electoral process. We need to be wary now, not hypnotized flag wavers.

Halfton 12-04-2022 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wind drift (Post 4585708)
This Premier has not yet received a mandate from Albertans through an electoral process, yet presumes and acts as if she has one. She’s nothing more than the replacement of an abdicated leader of a fractured party that was in power. I hope she prevails, but I don’t want that to happen at the expense of Albertans’ opportunity to choose their path. Government and opposition should be focused on communicating their platforms now, not making changes ahead of due electoral process. We need to be wary now, not hypnotized flag wavers.

I call Bull.....We should be jumping on the bandwagon she is leading and press her to go even farther.....that is the only way we will beat the Libtards and protect the few freedoms we have left.....but then you sound like a liberal so I doubt I will change your mind.

Jim

Supergrit 12-04-2022 02:36 AM

What freedoms are getting taken away in Canada?

Scott N 12-04-2022 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supergrit (Post 4585729)

Ownership of firearms for starters.

AI 6.5 12-04-2022 05:09 AM

Quote:

Are you serious?

AI 6.5 12-04-2022 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfton (Post 4585721)
I call Bull.....We should be jumping on the bandwagon she is leading and press her to go even farther.....that is the only way we will beat the Libtards and protect the few freedoms we have left.....but then you sound like a liberal so I doubt I will change your mind.

Jim

Agree 100%

mac1983 12-04-2022 05:21 AM

Quote:

Freedom to protest

Freedom to donate to said protest

Freedom to own so called undesirable firearms

Freedom to not wear an uneffective mask

Freedom to not inject myself with experimental "vaccines"

Freedom to travel if not injected with said experimental "vaccine"

etc etc etc

glen moa 12-04-2022 05:26 AM

Freedom to pump oil.
Freedom for good paying jobs.
She has them running scared.
It’s awesome.

gordfishing 12-04-2022 05:57 AM

I agree she is a great breath of fresh air

Too bad the media is not on board, I wish they the media were part of the solution not part of the problem, or shall we say all of the problem

ehrgeiz 12-04-2022 06:38 AM

Yep, I’m loving DS.

I also see the Federal Libs and NDP as compromised and actively setting forth policies to erode the rights and freedoms of Canadians. I mean at this point there could be no doubt their ultimate goal is to eliminate private ownership of firearms in Canada.

I say let’s get the firewall around Alberta lit and let it rage.

ram crazy 12-04-2022 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfton (Post 4585721)

Jim

I was thinking more of a Dipper!

ram crazy 12-04-2022 06:55 AM

Quote:

Have you been living under a rock!

59whiskers 12-04-2022 07:10 AM

Freedom from unwanted forced vaccinations. Freedom from vilification/discrimination over Covid shot status. Freedom to dine at your favourite restaurant or bar without a shot. Freedom from frozen bank accounts from donating openly to protest. Freedom to participate or watch sporting events with out a shot. Freedom to attend church with out being harassed by police. Freedom to purchase fuel, fertilizer with out unnecessary extra tax. Freedom from government that allows burning of churches. Freedom from government that allows railroad blockades. Freedom from government cancel culture vilifying our frontier heritage. Freedom from government that allows destruction of statue monuments. Freedom to visit family for holidays. Freedom from WEF, WHO, UN,, influencing bribing Canadian Politicians. Freedom to attend university/college without a shot.

Grumpy Old Man 12-04-2022 07:28 AM

The best we have seen since Ralph Klein. I'm with her 100%.

sewerrat 12-04-2022 08:19 AM

I like her but I don’t agree with everything , like getting rid of the RCMP, the cost is way to big.
Just look at Surrey BC they got rid of the RCMP got their own city police force but they can not find anyone. They were hoping that those RCMP members would step over to the new city police and just a few did.