Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   In need of ice tents for new immigrant & family fishing day. (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=339352)

timsesink 02-14-2018 09:31 AM

In need of ice tents for new immigrant & family fishing day.

Hey Guys, for the last eight years I've run a Family day ice fishing event for families and new immigrants. Last year we had over 80 in attendance! This year with the colder temperatures forecasted I'm in need of a bunch of Tents & heaters to help keep families warm. If you would have a tent that you would be willing to lend me I would be greatly appreciative! I could guarantee that it would be taken care of extremely well and if any damage was done it would be covered.

I'm located in Edmonton and the ice fishing occurs on Family Day on Wizard Lake just prior to the Narrows.

timsesink 02-16-2018 11:41 PM

Thanks to the generous donations and lending by four members we have more than enough! Thank you everyone

Habfan 02-17-2018 07:20 AM

:grouphugg:

V45 sabre 02-17-2018 07:46 AM

That's awesome to hear.

timsesink 02-18-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfhunter (Post 3734940)
I understand your need to help these people, but they are not immigrants they are refugees. why don't we help our homeless and our military before these refugees. I am going to petition to the provence to waier fishing and hunting licences so I can take our veterans out hunting and fishing . Not people that don't deserve to be here.

This event is open to anyone who would like to attend, due to the location of our church many of our surrounding community is newer immigrants. For many of them it is a chance to integrate into Canadian culture and experience something totally brand new. I'm honored and blessed to give them and many others within our church and community the opportunity to experience something new in the great outdoors.

Mackinaw 02-18-2018 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timsesink (Post 3735001)
This event is open to anyone who would like to attend, due to the location of our church many of our surrounding community is newer immigrants. For many of them it is a chance to integrate into Canadian culture and experience something totally brand new. I'm honored and blessed to give them and many others within our church and community the opportunity to experience something new in the great outdoors.

I deal with new immigrants daily some integrate in to the new life style quite quickly some never do .... but then again I find that there are some people native to Canada that are no better and never will be ... I hope your outing was a great success and hopefully I will be able to help in the future.

mack

Sundancefisher 02-18-2018 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timsesink (Post 3735001)

Good on you.

Great to see nice people helping others

Sun

timsesink 02-20-2018 03:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a few pictures!

Sooner 02-20-2018 04:39 PM

Looked like good times for all Tim. Lots of smiling faces.

sns2 02-20-2018 05:42 PM

Excellent work, Tim. You are to be commended.

MrDave 02-21-2018 08:00 AM

Glad you got some newcomers out. Show them that the majority of us aren't bigoted lowlifes.
I hope to start something similar, that will allow me to share our outdoors with our new neighbors. They "deserve" to enjoy what Canada has to offer.