Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Quick fletch? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=57131)

BowhuntAB 04-12-2010 10:50 AM

Quick fletch?

Hey guys/gals

My nephew bought a few packages of those heat shrink wrap/fletchings at the CAC last week. Like most teenagers he's trying to find the easy way out! :lol:

Anyone use them? They any good?

ishootbambi 04-12-2010 11:00 AM

like adding any other arrow wrap, they work good for making the arrow more visible, but add a little weight. as for flight they seem to shoot as good as anything else from what ive seen.

spot and stock 04-12-2010 11:14 AM

yah i used them on a dozen arrows last year. They work great and have held up awesome, also seems to be easier to watch the arrow in flight.

BowhuntAB 04-12-2010 03:45 PM

JUST TO MAKE SURE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SAME THINGS...:)
Its the pre fletched heat shrink wraps i talking about.

If so....
Might work out ok then. I'll let him know. I have always hated trying to peel off the stick on wraps while i refletch so maybe i'll try them as well.

ishootbambi 04-12-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowhuntAB (Post 561162)

If so....
Might work out ok then. I'll let him know. I have always hated trying to peel off the stick on wraps while i refletch so maybe i'll try them as well.

they come off much easier than stick on wraps.

pottymouth 04-12-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowhuntAB (Post 561162)

If so....

I'm gonna try them as well this year, Blackmamba has had them, I don't think he's had any trouble.

Polarisnut 04-13-2010 12:25 AM

Quick Fletch

Can anyone tell me what to use to get the old fletching glue off the arrows so that I can use the NAP quick fletch.

blackmamba 04-13-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polarisnut (Post 561824)
Can anyone tell me what to use to get the old fletching glue off the arrows so that I can use the NAP quick fletch.

Just grab an exacto knife and scrape it off and then use a little bit of rubbing alcohol to clean it up !! lightly sand the shaft and re-apply your new fletches , but if your using the NAP don t worry about sanding it down !! it should stick just fine !!

ARGO GUY 04-14-2010 04:39 PM

I use them and have had no problems. I tried the normal way and found out I have no paitience and said screw it :wave:

jack88 04-17-2010 09:39 AM

I bought a pack of these last year, they worked great and flew just as good. The problem I had with them was the wrap would crack along the fletch where it made contact with the wrap. This would then make the vane flop around like a rubber chicken and I would have to replace the whole thing. This happend to about 4 of the 12.

bearbuster 04-21-2010 09:42 PM

I have also had some cracking but I found it was when they were in the hot water to long. I also found that when dipping them in the water to go slow as to not end up with bubbles. They shoot the same as my blazer vane fletching with wraps and a great quick fix in hunting camp