Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Arachnid Arrows (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=399744)

truth2 05-26-2021 06:02 PM

Arachnid Arrows

Has anyone bought any of these new Arachnid Arrows?

KyleSS 05-26-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truth2 (Post 4378440)
Has anyone bought any of these new Arachnid Arrows?

Yessir. Just killed my bear with the Neurotoxin. Also seen bears killed with the Phobia, the Red Backs and the Huntsman.

I shot through my bear with the Neurotoxin and then through a wood pile and bounced it off a few logs. Flexed it, cleaned it up and back in the quiver it went. Good as new.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

truth2 05-26-2021 08:25 PM

That’s good they they have worked out. I ordered a dozen a month and a half ago but still haven't seen them. Iv been told they will be here every week but still nothing. I hope they come soon.

KyleSS 05-26-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truth2 (Post 4378522)
That’s good they they have worked out. I ordered a dozen a month and a half ago but still haven't seen them. Iv been told they will be here every week but still nothing. I hope they come soon.

I feel so sorry for those guys. It has been a shipping nightmare. Not only slower shipping, but held up at customs, orders getting held up coming from US to Canada.

If it could go wrong, it has gone wrong.

It was well worth the wait for me though.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

truth2 06-23-2021 01:03 PM

just thought i would give an update on these arrows. so i never did get my arrows. I finally asked for a refund. I got my refund but what i didn't know was that this Company out of Grand Prairie or they sold it as , they sell the arrows in US dollar. my bad for not noticing that but so when they refunded me my money i got shorted money because the canadian dollar is little better now than when i originally made the order back in april. They don't see to care. Says its not his fault they just refunded the same US dollar amount. witch in the end they made extra money on the deal and i got screwed out a little bit of money. its not a lot of money but just a point. Brutal Customer Service will not answer the phone but just replys to emails. Also i had few other buddies order from them and they got the same screw around. Every week they said they shipped then week would go buy still nothing. Very Frustrating to deal with.

bezzola 06-23-2021 08:37 PM

Not good

silvertip 06-24-2021 08:57 AM

I agree that bites,
but they have no control over currency flucuation.

Heres one for you.... Just a heads up ......

Watch out when you book a Hotel room,
some places, especially if its a large chain, will charge U.S. dollars ,
depends where the call center is,

YOU have to ask,what currency you are being charged,

US or canadian dollars.

I found this out by accident a few years back when I was on the road.

The people taking the calls just punch in your info you give them.

Now I always ask!!

grizzly403 07-29-2021 02:29 PM

I hope Arachnid pulls it together. There arrows look promising.

grizzly403 12-17-2021 01:06 AM

I got a few dozen a few months ago. Still haven't assembled them. After I ordered them they were shipped the next day. With the super slow shipping it took over a month to get the arrows in hand. The arrows look really good. I will report back once there assembled and I have a chance to try them

Lefty-Canuck 12-17-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly403 (Post 4456565)
I got a few dozen a few months ago. Still haven't assembled them. After I ordered them they were shipped the next day. With the super slow shipping it took over a month to get the arrows in hand. The arrows look really good. I will report back once there assembled and I have a chance to try them

Did you get insert and nocks with yours? A buddy got some and had no inserts or nocks, just shafts.

LC

grizzly403 12-20-2021 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 4456626)
Did you get insert and nocks with yours? A buddy got some and had no inserts or nocks, just shafts.

LC

Yes I got inserts and nocks

bezzola 12-29-2021 11:42 AM

Im trying to order phobia arrows but all is out of stock

bezzola 08-09-2022 03:21 PM

Any shops in or around Edmonton sell these arrows i wanted to match them up to my widowmaker broadheads

KyleSS 08-10-2022 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bezzola (Post 4547879)
Any shops in or around Edmonton sell these arrows i wanted to match them up to my widowmaker broadheads

I think the Calgary Archery Center has some in stock

grizzly403 09-11-2022 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 4456626)

LC

Yes the arrows came with inserts and nocks.

byronick87 07-13-2023 10:06 PM

Might be reviving an old thread but anyone know what’s going on with them? Went to their website and it said “coming back summer 2022”
Interested in their arrows but kind of skeptical.
I want to support a local business but keep hearing horror stories too

standsureoutdoors 08-15-2023 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byronick87 (Post 4648093)
Might be reviving an old thread but anyone know what’s going on with them? Went to their website and it said “coming back summer 2022”
Interested in their arrows but kind of skeptical.
I want to support a local business but keep hearing horror stories too

Haven’t seen any new posts or anything from them in over a year. Some of the guys that were shooting those arrows are now not. I would bet unavailable.

Give Big Star Arrrow a look up. Local. Actually local. Stock is in Cochrane. Not the states like arachnid was. Pricing is good and the arrows and more importantly the components seem to be better quality.

I would however strip the fletching and re fletch as they are a touch soft.