Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cascade Jumbos For Those Curious (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=341324)

Brandonkop 03-18-2018 02:27 AM

Cascade Jumbos For Those Curious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvNumT9WK_A

I've been getting some PMs and questions about Cascade so here is a video from our first day out at Cascade this year.

If you're not tired of seeing me go ballistic over jumbo perch this vids for you!

Finally got around to putting a video together from our first day at cascade this year. Cascade Lake Jumbo Yellow Perch have become the trip of the year for me. This was the third season fishing the lake and the first time with my Brother Dallas. He brought his snow mobile so we had mobility which is key on Cascade. This is a very big Reservoir and the perch move. Where they are found one day may not be good the next. Be prepared to cover ground and depth ranges in order to find actively feeding fish. We use set lines to increase our surface coverage. The Jaw Jacker, IFish Pro, Trigger and HT Polar tip ups all caught fish for us. The automatic hook setting devices are the most reliable for perch if you want to release fish because they tend to swallow the bait on the tip up and Ifish Pro. But if you're eating them then I guess that doesn't really matter anyways. The key for success on set lines is a small Tungsten Jig and this year we were testing out Back Country Tackle jigs and did very well on them. Other lures that were effective were the Rapala Slab Raps, Northland Tackle small perch fry plastic and just a plain Gamakatsu colored hook and worm. So Join my brother and I as we run around hauling in Jumbo perch, numerous 14-15 inch perch and many around two pounds.

Trying something new also Free Tungsten Jigs giveaway if you're interested go comment, subscribe, like and share video to enter.

MooseRiverTrapper 03-18-2018 08:22 AM

Why does it not seem real busy on the lake?

Locals don’t have much interest in the perch?

Brandonkop 03-18-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper (Post 3753651)
Why does it not seem real busy on the lake?

Locals don’t have much interest in the perch?

We fish week days. It's a huge lake. Locals like trout fishing. Apparently this year on weekends there were more people out there. Like 100 to 200 some said but I never saw pics. And most walk on where fishing isn't great for perch anyways.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Blastoff 03-18-2018 09:46 AM

Is there a website for those lures. :)

Blastoff 03-18-2018 09:50 AM

Found it, nice hooks have to order some for next year.

pikeslayer22 03-18-2018 03:40 PM

Awesome video...What is the limit for us canucks?

Brandonkop 03-18-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 (Post 3754002)
Awesome video...What is the limit for us canucks?

Apparently boarder crossing laws say 10 per person but if you don't mind having boarder trouble you could probably take more. I know some guys take a lot more. No perch limit in Idaho. But its not a huge numbers lake anyways. Lots of guys go and get skunked or catch a few a day. Can be a tough fishery. You're allowed 5 lines per person so if you have the gear it helps with the action if its a slow day.

Evan83 03-19-2018 03:28 PM

Another sweet video! How deep were you fishing?

Brandonkop 03-19-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan83 (Post 3754661)
Another sweet video! How deep were you fishing?

In this video we were about 12 - 13 feet deep.

Schlep 03-21-2018 11:30 AM

What time of year were you there?

The Spruce 03-22-2018 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Like your vids. Was there just after You guys. Going earlier next year. Didn't catch any perch, just these nice eater sized bows;).

Brandonkop 03-22-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spruce (Post 3756863)
Like your vids. Was there just after You guys. Going earlier next year. Didn't catch any perch, just these nice eater sized bows;).

Nice work! They're actually still ice fishing there now. It's a crazy year. Guys going through the ice in february and now it's solid. All the open water froze up apparently. I thought it was going to be a short season this year but now it's going on longer than usual. I feel dumb. Guys asked me about going in march and I told them no chance. Now it's here and ice abounds. Can never predict the weather.

Brandonkop 03-22-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spruce (Post 3756863)

I was there last week of Jan first few days of February, when did you go?