Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Drive safe all (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=362029)

fordtruckin 04-07-2019 06:23 AM

Drive safe all

Found out yesterday evening a coworker and friend was in a head on accident Friday night. He was driving a marked patrol car and someone crossed the center line. Not sure how Brian is as last I heard he was in surgery but the other driver was dead on scene. Please pay attention out there!

pgavey 04-07-2019 07:08 AM

Hope your friend is doing well. Just a reminder folks it's motorcycle season also.Please keep a eye open for us bikers. Again I hope your friend is ok.

58thecat 04-07-2019 07:15 AM

And put the freakin phones away.......toss it in the back seat.....no call is that important or text etc....might be your last one.

Zip 04-07-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58thecat (Post 3959471)
And put the freakin phones away.......toss it in the back seat.....no call is that important or text etc....might be your last one.

Good reminder....I still see way to many looking at their laps waiting for a light,or stop sign, any reason to steal a look at something that will still be there when you are done driving, makes me sad to think that any person should come into harms way due to a simple text message, or Facebook.
Not saying this was the cause on this particular accident...but thanks for the message 58thecat....
Also I'm sorry to hear about your friend and co worker fordtruckin
Zip

Ken07AOVette 04-07-2019 11:00 AM

Will be thinking about you for sure FT, and best wishes for Brian.

Zip- I have no trouble with people looking at their phone sitting at a 5 minute red light, much prefer to see that over while driving. I agree there should be more patrolling for distracted driving. (driving, not sitting)

tri777 04-07-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette (Post 3959581)

Zip- I have no trouble with people looking at their phone sitting at a 5 minute red light..should be more patrolling for distracted driving. (driving, not sitting)

Agree with above, but man does my blood pressure ever rise when behind the fools who get glued
to their screens as the blinking green turn arrow flashes while everyone sits motionless as the honking starts, lol.

Bigwoodsman 04-07-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri777 (Post 3959591)
Agree with above, but man does my blood pressure ever rise when behind the fools who get glued
to their screens as the blinking green turn arrow flashes while everyone sits motionless as the honking starts, lol.

Agreed.
That’s what horns and middle fingers are for!
BW

bloopbloob 04-07-2019 11:50 AM

I work with a guy , about 15yrs older than me. Since our time working together over the last 8 years, he has been in at least 6 major accidents. He has rolled his several cars he's been through, 3 times at highway speeds, dropped into the ditch, and literally caught enough air to not touch pavement on the opposite oncoming highway. Recently, smashed into the rear end of a truck parked on the side of the road at highway speed because he was on facebook. That one cost him $65,000, for damage to the wrote off truck. Now still going through the personal injury lawsuit game.... I don't get people like that. Some just don't learn... I told him his phone needs to stay in his trunk. Best wishes for Brian

35 whelen 04-07-2019 11:51 AM

Just drove hwy 40 9 out of 10 people were on phones ,I like to look at peoples eyes when I go by them ,wonder what its like on a weekday?

Ken07AOVette 04-07-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35 whelen (Post 3959616)
Just drove hwy 40 9 out of 10 people were on phones ,I like to look at peoples eyes when I go by them ,wonder what its like on a weekday?

That's why they are fighting for legal tint :sHa_sarcasticlol:

huntinstuff 04-07-2019 12:53 PM

Ive been driving Maui the past week

35 mph common
45 mph sometimes
55 mph is the fastest

I Cant Drive 55

The Road to Hana. Lol.

fordtruckin 04-07-2019 04:00 PM

Thanks all! Sounds like he braces for Impact as both legs ankles hips were shattered. Possible broken back the works. Still in and out of surgery. He has a long road to hoe which being 62 doesn’t help...

pgavey 04-07-2019 05:51 PM

OMG It's going to be a long road to recovery for Him,I wish him well. Phil.

KevDawg 04-09-2019 09:16 PM

It blows my mind people still text and drive.
Think about your loved ones next time you even consider picking up your phone.

All the best to your friend. I hope he recovers quickly.

fordtruckin 05-27-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevDawg (Post 3960717)
It blows my mind people still text and drive.
Think about your loved ones next time you even consider picking up your phone.

All the best to your friend. I hope he recovers quickly.

An update on Brian, he’s doing well considering! Still thankful it’s just lower body injuries and nothing back head spine etc... I think he’s had about 5-6 surgeries now and one complication from a blood clot that got sorted out. Another coworker set up a big raffle to help the family with expenses that workman’s comp won’t pay. Turns out the wife entered in it and we won a golden doodle puppy. Always amazes me how a community pulls together after a tragic event. They raised over 10000$ From this one event.

On a side note the Montana Highway Patrol Trooper who was shot in the face head neck a couple months back was also released from the hospital recently. Wade walked himself out which is incredible, although he has another long recovery but the prognoses is good!