Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bi pods (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=58519)

HunterGP 04-29-2010 02:32 PM

Bi pods

Hey

Anyone out there have this problem. When i mount my bipod and tighten it down the scope picture and i am sure the gun is not level leans to one side the only way i can get it back is to loosen the the thumb screw. any solutions out there

Cowtown guy 04-29-2010 02:52 PM

I think what you are saying is that your bipod is making your gun sit out of level. Is this what you are saying? Sorry, not trying to be rude but it is really hard to figure out what you have written.

209x50 04-29-2010 03:15 PM

I always use the Harris pods that tilt and swivel. Takes care of the problem.

Rockymtnx 04-29-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 209x50 (Post 575751)

X2

honda450 04-29-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 209x50 (Post 575751)

X3 :wave:

flint 04-29-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterGP (Post 575702)
Hey

Anyone out there have this problem. When i mount my bipod and tighten it down the scope picture and i am sure the gun is not level leans to one side the only way i can get it back is to loosen the the thumb screw. any solutions out there

Bring your gun and bi-pod to the kitchen table along with a slotted/straight screwdriver. Place it on the table (hoping that your floor and table are level)and see if the crosshairs are verticle. If not, then remove the bi-pod and underneath it is a brass shield. This shield will move from left to right and right to left. Take the screwdriver and pry the brass shield over to the left, place it back onto the gun and see if the crosshairs are then verticle. If not, then pry the brass shield over to the right. This should fix the problem that I think you may have.

HunterGP 04-29-2010 11:17 PM

Thanks Flint i will try that

Jerry D 04-30-2010 04:50 PM

Are your crosshairs level without the bipod? You said it leans to one side so your scope is correct.

I've had the problem of mounting a scope, and then attaching the bipod, and then the crosshairs seem crooked. I now mount scopes with my bipod attached. Seems though that your bipod attaches off center or the stud/stock is not straight and true.

HunterGP 05-01-2010 10:35 PM

will wait and see putting the finishing touches on a new stock and will check it and do any adjustments when i have the action and barrel mounted in the new stock

skiidooskiidoo 05-01-2010 11:07 PM

help with bipod

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterGP (Post 575702)
Hey

i am guessing (without actually looking at the rifle)(God forbid maybe i'm psychic@#@!?), that maybe the stud the bipod is attached to, is crooked and/or not mounted in the center of the forearm?. i installed my studs on my 10/22 with the smallest harris bipod and i have never had a problem. (minus some of the warped shooting tables/rests i've used). just trying to help.