Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sasquatch sighted near Slave Lake (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=365897)

35 whelen 06-28-2019 06:22 AM

Sasquatch sighted near Slave Lake

Can someone put the link up not sure how to do that thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

StanH 06-28-2019 06:34 AM

https://sasquatchalberta.com/reports...ar-slave-lake/

58thecat 06-28-2019 06:48 AM

Yup......seen something too once......:snapoutofit:

Low light.....

In today's world with the cell phone stuck to a hand....no pics.....call Les:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Redneck 7 06-28-2019 06:51 AM

https://sasquatchalberta.com/reports...ar-slave-lake/

There’s a write up and an audio recording of the phone call.

58thecat 06-28-2019 06:55 AM

:bad_boys_20:Jeepers the conversation sounds like the boys got into the whacky tobacky:):bad_boys_20:

Big Grey Wolf 06-28-2019 08:08 AM

Sasquatch

Suspect the numerous fires in Mitsui Lake/Slave Lake area may have moved more than the moose, deer and bears from their normal stomping grounds, very interesting encounter.

bat119 06-28-2019 08:57 AM

Everybody and their dog has a cellphone but somehow nobody can take a picture of bigfoot ? Details of eyes, nose the gait and never a good picture?

Kurt505 06-28-2019 09:12 AM

It was a grizz with some of its hair burnt off from the fire

Oldan Grumpi 06-28-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat119 (Post 3994893)
Everybody and their dog has a cellphone but somehow nobody can take a picture of bigfoot ? Details of eyes, nose the gait and never a good picture?

Never a single body hair on one of those torn up trees or splintered branches, or a single molecule of DNA...nothing but a few interviews for sale.

Dozens of ‘sightings’, and not a shred of hard evidence.

If you saw one and shot it, and it turned out to be goofy old Fred in a gorilla suit, would you be charged with manslaughter? I’d like to know, just in case...

Oldan Grumpi 06-28-2019 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt505 (Post 3994897)
It was a grizz with some of its hair burnt off from the fire

It kind of sounds like by brother in law from my first wife.:thinking-006: I heard he was drinking again...

trigger7mm 06-28-2019 09:31 AM

Sasquatch sighted

I’ve hunted that area all my life. Very cool report. I have a very keen interest in this topic, and have sometimes wondered when hunting in the area, wouldn’t it be cool to see a Sasquatch? An fellow I know, who was a non believer in Sasquatch had his mind completely changed one day, when he claims to have see one while bear hunting near Fox Creek. He is a hunting guide, and knows what he saw. Interesting stuff for sure!

northerntrapper 06-28-2019 09:37 AM

Sasquatch

Another sighting along a road, where people are. Imagine that. But they avoid people, they say. Okay, a few years ago, one was spotted near Spurfield road where the Saulteau River runs into the Slave River, 2 miles from where I live. Now this one is spotted near Mitsue, 10 miles from where I live. I live in the bush on the Slave River. Never have I seen anything, such as tracks, torn trees, weird shrieks or disturbances to my trapline or cabin which is where these 2 sightings were supposedly to have occurred. I call bull****!

trigger7mm 06-28-2019 09:43 AM

Sasquatch sighting

Northern Trapper, have you ever seen a cougar around your area? A common animal, but very few people have ever seen one. I don’t mean to be a smart alec, just saying.

Oldan Grumpi 06-28-2019 09:44 AM

We live in an age of hard science c/w DNA testing. “I know what I saw” just doesn’t cut it anymore.

Cris Angel and David Copperfield make a very nice living from people who “know what they saw”.

northerntrapper 06-28-2019 10:16 AM

Cougar

Quote:

Originally Posted by trigger7mm (Post 3994919)
Northern Trapper, have you ever seen a cougar around your area? A common animal, but very few people have ever seen one. I don’t mean to be a smart alec, just saying.

We have quite a few, have seen them, in fact one in my yard. Also, I have trail cams which picks up the odd one in my garden, following the deer. I am 70 years of age, and have trapped this area all my life, and my father before that. Cougar check out my Marten and Fisher sets regular as evidenced by their tracks in the snow. No sasquatch.

trigger7mm 06-28-2019 10:21 AM

Sasquatch sighting.

Thanks for that Northern Trapper. That’s cool stuff too. I saw a cougar on what we used to call the baseline that goes into the Salteaux airstrip. I was totally surprised when I saw it. It would be cool to sit down with you sometime for a beer, to talk about the area, and your trapping g experiences. Have a great summer, and all the best!

Ken07AOVette 06-28-2019 10:29 AM

There is a very simple logical explanation. It didn't happen. Next :)

northerntrapper 06-28-2019 10:37 AM

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by trigger7mm (Post 3994931)
Thanks for that Northern Trapper. That’s cool stuff too. I saw a cougar on what we used to call the baseline that goes into the Salteaux airstrip. I was totally surprised when I saw it. It would be cool to sit down with you sometime for a beer, to talk about the area, and your trapping g experiences. Have a great summer, and all the best!

We old guys still call it the "baseline". Sourdough's trapline is just south of the baseline. On the airstrip end, another good friend and his sons trap the old Bill Golden line. I am quite familiar with most all traplines in the area. They have cougar, as well as more grizzly than I do on my lower line. Take care.

Stinky Buffalo 06-28-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette (Post 3994936)

Gasp! You HEATHEN! :D

urban rednek 06-28-2019 10:55 AM

wink, wink, nudge, nudge

1 Attachment(s)
It's a good thing his wife was with him, otherwise the Sasquatch might of thought he was single and looking. :scared0018:

catnthehat 06-28-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

I know of a guy ( true story!) that used to get dressed up in a Sasquatch suit complete with claw foot boots and get dropped off on our lease roads up here at night.
he would hide in the bush and when a logging truck came by he would run across the road in the headlights!
All good until one night a welding rig hit the brakes and the rifle came out!!:sign0068:
When buddy came by to pick him up ( this was before cell phones) he had to stop and flash the lights and hit the horn for quite a bit before our "Sasquatch" came out of the bush!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
That was the LAST time he pulled that prank!
Cat

CaberTosser 06-28-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Where were you at the referenced time and do you have a fur or brown ghillie suit in your garage?

Grizzly Adams 06-28-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldan Grumpi (Post 3994909)
It kind of sounds like by brother in law from my first wife.:thinking-006: I heard he was drinking again...

Just one of the locals off for a hike in the bush. :lol:

Grizz

Talking moose 06-28-2019 11:09 AM

I believe.

Grizzly Adams 06-28-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnthehat (Post 3994949)
I know of a guy ( true story!) that used to get dressed up in a Sasquatch suit complete with claw foot boots and get dropped off on our lease roads up here at night.
he would hide in the bush and when a logging truck came by he would run across the road in the headlights!
All good until one night a welding rig hit the brakes and the rifle came out!!:sign0068:
When buddy came by to pick him up ( this was before cell phones) he had to stop and flash the lights and hit the horn for quite a bit before our "Sasquatch" came out of the bush!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
That was the LAST time he pulled that prank!
Cat

Here, hold my beer. Some things are just better not done, no matter how good they sound among a couple of buddies. Thinking the welding truck guys were playing a reverse. :lol:

Grizz

.257Weatherby 06-28-2019 11:15 AM

Did anyone notice if it was wearing a pink tutu ?
Anyone call out gatehouse !
Is that you?
Rob

Positrac 06-28-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .257Weatherby (Post 3994964)
Did anyone notice if it was wearing a pink tutu ?
Anyone call out gatehouse !
Is that you?
Rob

Bahahaha! Wrong site and only a few of us know Gatehouse on here. Heck, half of HuntingBC doesn’t know Gatehouse since he changed his handle a few years back...

But I have to admit that every Sasquatch thread that comes up I think about him in the pink tutu also...that was priceless!

trigger7mm 06-28-2019 11:42 AM

Sasquatch sighting

Quote:

Originally Posted by northerntrapper (Post 3994939)
We old guys still call it the "baseline". Sourdough's trapline is just south of the baseline. On the airstrip end, another good friend and his sons trap the old Bill Golden line. I am quite familiar with most all traplines in the area. They have cougar, as well as more grizzly than I do on my lower line. Take care.

I’ve seen Sourdoughs cabin before and have also been by one of the cabins on the Bill Golden line. In fact one time I went by the cabin and there was a black bear standing on the front porch. Nice spots they both have. We used to stay at the airstrip, and hunt from there. Beautiful country, we have had many good times out there.

Albertadiver 06-28-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Positrac (Post 3994977)
Bahahaha! Wrong site and only a few of us know Gatehouse on here. Heck, half of HuntingBC doesn’t know Gatehouse since he changed his handle a few years back...

But I have to admit that every Sasquatch thread that comes up I think about him in the pink tutu also...that was priceless!

BBJ did that on here once years ago... no photo shopping either

bat119 06-28-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trigger7mm (Post 3994919)

You don't see the big cats often but I have seen a dead one