Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bylaw (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=339084)

bezzola 02-10-2018 10:39 AM

Bylaw

I have a neighbor next to me leaves his garbage out all yhe time just throws the bag down. I have even seen them back ocer it with the car.
And one lady across the street that lets her cats run all over the place they come across tear open the garbage then it’s everywhere i have talked to them both.
The chinese guy looks at me like im an alien snd the lady across the streetgets rude with me.
I have contacted bylaw but nothing ever gets done.
Any suggestions.

Muller 02-10-2018 11:40 AM

Sounds like a lazy Officer.
Contact his / her supervisor and keep going higher until the problem is resolved.

Xbolt7mm 02-10-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muller (Post 3729073)
Sounds like a lazy Officer.
Contact his / her supervisor and keep going higher until the problem is resolved.

Cat trap solves one problem

Ken07AOVette 02-10-2018 11:48 AM

garbage bag launcher aimed at his doorstep in the dark

vinny 02-10-2018 12:47 PM

One of those giant 3 person slingshots. For the garbage, or the cat. Whichever.

bezzola 02-10-2018 10:17 PM

Am I able to get a cat trap or do I need a permission from bylaw

rosh 02-10-2018 10:42 PM

Buy the hottest hot sauce you can find, pour it all over the garbage bag. And for neighbor, shovel it into there yard until bylaw does something.

does it ALL outdoors 02-11-2018 05:01 AM

I have a trap anyone in the Edmonton area is free to borrow.

Habfan 02-11-2018 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosh (Post 3729598)
Buy the hottest hot sauce you can find, pour it all over the garbage bag. And for neighbor, shovel it into there yard until bylaw does something.

Great answer ! :)

roughneckin 02-11-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bezzola (Post 3729586)

In Calgary the humane society will loan you one for free so possibly in Edmonton too. Good luck.

icehunter 02-11-2018 08:12 AM

Grab a couple cans of smoked oysters. Pour oil from cans over garbage bags. Little kitty will smell real nice when it gets home.

Wolftrapper 02-11-2018 09:22 AM

Take pictures. Phone bylaw supervisor or go in and see him or her personally.
Make notes of neighbors responses with dates and times if you can.
Good luck. Hang in there, it will work out.

buckbrush 02-12-2018 08:00 PM

Laxatives and tuna for the cat. Any garbage picked up in your yard gets put on owners door step.

Maybe its a good thing I live in the country.

RBI 02-13-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinny (Post 3729133)
One of those giant 3 person slingshots. For the garbage, or the cat. Whichever.

Big slingshot works for the garbage bag , but for the feline , I think you'd get better shot placement using a " Cat-apult "

Sorry , somebody had to... :-)

owlhoot 02-13-2018 08:11 AM

Laxitives and Tuna, That's one to remember if I ever get in that situation.

Stay after the City, there must be some bylaw being broken.

Marsha 02-13-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Go to the humanne society you can sign one out and return back full :sHa_shakeshout:

ghostguy6 02-13-2018 09:06 AM

I have a trap you can borrow. I'll throw in some grouse wings ( they make excellent bait) and if you happen to return the trap full on a day Im headed out to the farm I will gladly stop somewhere along the way in coyote country to empty the trap. I have absolutely no sympathy for people that let their cats run around all over the place.

CaberTosser 02-13-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostguy6 (Post 3731191)
I have a trap you can borrow. I'll throw in some grouse wings ( they make excellent bait) and if you happen to return the trap full on a day Im headed out to the farm I will gladly stop somewhere along the way in coyote country to empty the trap. I have absolutely no sympathy for people that let their cats run around all over the place.

So when you do this ‘drop off’, it’s a stationary cat, right? Otherwise you’d be letting a cat run all over the place.

ghostguy6 02-13-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberTosser (Post 3731196)
So when you do this ‘drop off’, it’s a stationary cat, right? Otherwise you’d be letting a cat run all over the place.

If i leave it in a cage that is a slow cruel death, but if its loose on uninhabited crown land where nature intended it to be its natural selection:)

Norwest Alta 02-13-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Don't ask don't tell. If you use a live trap please don't let it go in someone else's neighbor hood.

bobtodrick 02-13-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosh (Post 3729598)

This actually works. Years ago one of our cats like to get into things he shouldn't (display of china etc). The vet said to leave some treats soaked in tabasco sauce.
Works like a charm and doesn't harm the cat.

CaberTosser 02-13-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostguy6 (Post 3731191)
I have absolutely no sympathy for people that let their cats run around all over the place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostguy6 (Post 3731209)
If i leave it in a cage that is a slow cruel death, but if its loose on uninhabited crown land where nature intended it to be its natural selection:)

I'll just let you debate with yourself here then, you let us know which of you two wins. :thinking-006:

ghostguy6 02-13-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
I have absolutely no sympathy for people that let their cats run around all over the place.
Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
If i leave it in a cage that is a slow cruel death, but if its loose on uninhabited crown land where nature intended it to be its natural selection
I'll just let you debate with yourself here then, you let us know which of you two wins.

Fixed it for you

Ron J 02-13-2018 01:38 PM

bylaw

Those of you thinking about taking the cat out to the country and leaving it on its own to probably die a slow death, give your heads a shake. You are talking about someone's (probably a kids) pet. If you catch the thing, take it to the humane society. If someone sees you hauling kitty away in the trap you could be causing more neighbor problems than you are solving. They are the lousy neighbors here, don't fall into the sewer with them.

Joe Black 02-13-2018 02:31 PM

catchops?

Norwest Alta 02-13-2018 02:37 PM

I wonder how tuna, laxative and hot sauce works?

Newview01 02-13-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwest Alta (Post 3731488)
I wonder how tuna, laxative and hot sauce works?

Guess how many cats it took to get a Tesla into space?

Norwest Alta 02-13-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newview01 (Post 3731491)
Guess how many cats it took to get a Tesla into space?

Lol. Cat power. Just add tuna, exlax and ghost pepper sauce.

Stinky Buffalo 02-13-2018 02:55 PM

I feel for ya, Bezzola... I used to have neighbors like that as well. I couldn't figure out why they couldn't be bothered to buy a garbage can, and why they couldn't keep the trash in their yard until garbage day.

Neighborhood cats/dogs/yotes would rip the bags open, the fermenting contents would leak into the alley... Mice galore... Blech.

rosh 02-17-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobtodrick (Post 3731230)
This actually works. Years ago one of our cats like to get into things he shouldn't (display of china etc). The vet said to leave some treats soaked in tabasco sauce.
Works like a charm and doesn't harm the cat.

Yep, when my dog was a pup he tried digging under the fence. I removed him, soaked the hole in Tabasco sauce and put the dirt back. Let him out and he went right back at it. Needless to say he came flying out of there, spit flying everywhere. Never dug again, now 11( in March).