Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Trapping Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   mammals and birds wanted for taxidermy (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=398038)

idotaxidermy 04-13-2021 09:13 PM

mammals and birds wanted for taxidermy

Hey yall
I'm an amateur taxidermist and am looking to source some animals.

If anyone partakes in the trapping/shooting of non-licence birds (pigeons, magpies, starlings, house sparrows, grackles, brown-headed cowbirds, blackbirds) or any small mammals (squirrels, ground squirrels, skunks, raccoons, or rabbits) and can throw a few in the freezer, let me know!
Heck, if you have a chicken or duck that dies unexpectedly and aren't comfortable eating it, message me!

Currently city-based so my options for sourcing are limited. Can pick up anywhere from Calgary to Edmonton.

PCP_ECOM 04-14-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idotaxidermy (Post 4360893)
Hey yall
I'm an amateur taxidermist and am looking to source some animals.

If anyone partakes in the trapping/shooting of non-licence birds (pigeons, magpies, starlings, house sparrows, grackles, brown-headed cowbirds, blackbirds) or any small mammals (squirrels, ground squirrels, skunks, raccoons, or rabbits) and can throw a few in the freezer, let me know!
Heck, if you have a chicken or duck that dies unexpectedly and aren't comfortable eating it, message me!

Currently city-based so my options for sourcing are limited. Can pick up anywhere from Calgary to Edmonton.

I have 4 whole skunks if your interested in them in my freezer,located in Nanton

AutumnAurora 04-14-2021 06:35 PM

Sent you a question in PM’s

idotaxidermy 04-14-2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCP_ECOM (Post 4361224)
I have 4 whole skunks if your interested in them in my freezer,located in Nanton

Messaged you!

HunterDave 04-15-2021 12:06 AM

I think that a fella ought to look into the legalities of selling wildlife, particularly fur bearers. Trafficking in wildlife wouldn’t look good on the resume. Just sayin.....:scared:

Marty S 04-15-2021 07:27 AM

I think he's looking for free stuff

idotaxidermy 04-15-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterDave (Post 4361374)
I think that a fella ought to look into the legalities of selling wildlife, particularly fur bearers. Trafficking in wildlife wouldn’t look good on the resume. Just sayin.....:scared:

Just to be clear, I will not pay for anything. Just soliciting for things that would otherwise rot in a pile

PCP_ECOM 04-15-2021 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterDave (Post 4361374)

check the Regulations Dave,I did

Sale of Wildlife

In Alberta anyone may sell the following: • processed (tanned or otherwise permanently preserved, but not dried, salted or frozen) skins of fur-bearing animals;

•black bear skins, provided they have been taken lawfully (black bear claws may only be sold if they remain attached to the whole skin);

•the skins of most animals, including skunk and raccoon, for which a licence is not required;

•unskinned beaver carcasses harvested outside the beaver trapping season; or

•all parts of lawfully taken furbearing animals, other than the unprocessed skin.

They must be tanned to sell to private person,but no license required

Must have buyer license to buy Raw fur

HunterDave 04-15-2021 02:04 PM

My advice, "I think that a fella ought to look into the legalities of selling wildlife, particularly fur bearers." wasn't directed specifically towards you PCP.

From the OP - "or any small mammals (squirrels, ground squirrels, skunks, raccoons, or rabbits)".

I wouldn't want anyone to unknowingly offer to sell any "small mammals" that they shouldn't (ie. a Squirrel).

PCP_ECOM 04-15-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterDave (Post 4361564)
My advice, "I think that a fella ought to look into the legalities of selling wildlife, particularly fur bearers." wasn't directed specifically towards you PCP.

From the OP - "or any small mammals (squirrels, ground squirrels, skunks, raccoons, or rabbits)".

I wouldn't want anyone to unknowingly offer to sell any "small mammals" that they shouldn't (ie. a Squirrel).

All good

idotaxidermy 04-16-2021 06:57 PM

Will pay money

Fully did not realize you could sell certain species without additional permitting.
But now that I do, I will pay money for certain animals if anyone has any. Where legal of course, as highlighted above.