Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Calgary Flames, 2021 (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=393009)

Rig-Rat 04-02-2021 09:31 PM

Well other than to many penalties that cost us, and the amount of shots that missed the net, they played alright. Was a decent game.

brendan's dad 04-03-2021 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rig-Rat (Post 4356445)
Well other than to many penalties that cost us, and the amount of shots that missed the net, they played alright. Was a decent game.

As much as I would love to see a BOA in the playoffs, 6 points to make up with Montreal having 6 games in hand, is a tall order.

huntwat 04-03-2021 03:29 AM

They are a terrible team

Rig-Rat 04-03-2021 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendan's dad (Post 4356483)
As much as I would love to see a BOA in the playoffs, 6 points to make up with Montreal having 6 games in hand, is a tall order.

100% we are not getting to that this year. Upside I hope, is this will force changes that should have happened a couple years ago.

sns2 04-03-2021 06:59 AM

I take no solace in saying this, as I love Edm-Cal games more than anything, but it's time for the Flames to think of golf. If Tre keeps his job, I will be very surprised.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

elk eater 04-03-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rig-Rat (Post 4356489)
100% we are not getting to that this year. Upside I hope, is this will force changes that should have happened a couple years ago.

Hopefully changes are a coming. As the saying goes the the definition is insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

huntwat 04-03-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Might be the start of the new maple leafs all over again. As long as fans are filling the building (non covid) wins won’t matter. Good old Harold Ballard.

macee 04-03-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Yep one good thing about not making the playoffs is it makes it an easier decision on deciding to move players.

bessiedog 04-03-2021 10:39 AM

First time in my life... I went to bed before the third KNOWING that the Oil would beat the Flames.

You could see it.

I’m willing to bet a bottle that:

Johnny will be gone this summer.... he wants to leave.

kevinhits 04-03-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bessiedog (Post 4356595)
First time in my life... I went to bed before the third KNOWING that the Oil would beat the Flames.

You could see it.

I’m willing to bet a bottle that:

Johnny will be gone this summer.... he wants to leave.

Good riddance to Johnny (Hockey..LOL) and take Monahan with him as well.:fighting0030:

brendan's dad 04-03-2021 03:00 PM

Maybe the Flames ownership group should convince Lucic to retire and hire him as the new GM. With a hockey mind like this, it is just going to waste....

https://calgarysun.com/sports/lucic-...T-WzuIw0IgNRkE

Twisted Canuck 04-03-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendan's dad (Post 4356681)
Maybe the Flames ownership group should convince Lucic to retire and hire him as the new GM. With a hockey mind like this, it is just going to waste....

https://calgarysun.com/sports/lucic-...T-WzuIw0IgNRkE

In fairness, on paper, yeah. How could Milan know what an underperforming duo Johnny and Monny would be (skid them!!!), or how Gio would age 10 years in the last 12 months, or that Bennett was going to have quitter attitude, and Lindholm and Backlund were going to coast.

What a wretched team this year. The only guys consistently showing heart are Mangiapanne, Dube, and one could argue even Lucic. He would beat either Johnny or Monahan when it comes to hustling for a loose puck right now. Pitiful. There might be a couple more, but the so called Stars are sucking like a chest wound. Skid them all.

Talking moose 04-03-2021 03:32 PM

They played a good game last night. So did the oilers.
If Lindholm wouldn’t of missed the wide open net, I believe the outcome would of been different.
Close game.

sns2 04-03-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talking moose (Post 4356687)
If Lindholm wouldn’t of missed the wide open net, I believe the outcome would of been different.
Close game.

Stop with the blasphemy already!!!

sns2 04-03-2021 05:31 PM

I did feel they played well enough to win. Squeeze your legs has been god advice in many different contexts:rolleye2:

Twisted Canuck 04-03-2021 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talking moose (Post 4356687)
Close game.

For the most part good effort (Tkachuk stood out for upping his game) but the penalties and lack of discipline hurt them. And still a few slackers in the crew as mentioned. Bennett did have a better game too.

roper1 04-03-2021 09:19 PM

Die hard Flames fan here. I believe I'm actually dead.......

HunterDave 04-04-2021 07:59 PM

So is that it then? Flames fans have given up on their team?

Talking moose 04-04-2021 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterDave (Post 4357062)

Well at this moment I’m a flames fan. I haven’t given up on them.
Go flames!

Trochu 04-04-2021 08:05 PM

Quote:

The problem is, the Flames play to their competition. As there are only two good teams the division, Toronto and Winnipeg, we play like trash against the other four teams. Playing well against two teams in the division isn't going to provide a record good enough to make the playoffs.

Talking moose 04-04-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trochu (Post 4357065)
The problem is, the Flames play to their competition. As there are only two good teams the division, Toronto and Winnipeg, we're play like trash against the other four teams. Playing well against two teams in the division isn't going to provide a record good enough to make the playoffs.

Well! This explains Edmonton’s decade of darkness!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

hal53 04-04-2021 08:13 PM

Quote:

The problem is, the Flames play to their competition. As there are only two good teams the division, Toronto and Winnipeg, we're play like trash against the other four teams. Playing well against two teams in the division isn't going to provide a record good enough to make the playoffs.

:sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol: I'll have to print this one off and frame it....hahahahaha!!!!!!

macee 04-04-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

I will never give up on the Flames just them making the playoffs this years it happens every team can't make time to makes some moves and try to improve for next year.

huntsfurfish 04-04-2021 08:22 PM

Pulling for the flames.

Yuk,:sick: threw up in my mouth a little.

Twisted Canuck 04-04-2021 09:05 PM

Sutter needs to challenge that goal. Pretty sure Hanafin uses a kicking motion to put it in his own net.

:mad3:

huntwat 04-04-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntsfurfish (Post 4357075)
Pulling for the flames.

Yuk,:sick: threw up in my mouth a little.

Since the flames moved to Calgary, I have not once wanted them to win.

Talking moose 04-04-2021 09:29 PM

I wish Toronto was a better team so the flames could of won.

waldedw 04-04-2021 09:32 PM

Quote:

The problem is, the Flames play to their competition. As there are only two good teams the division, Toronto and Winnipeg, we play like trash against the other four teams. Playing well against two teams in the division isn't going to provide a record good enough to make the playoffs.

This just has to be like your version of a late April fools joke ..... right :sHa_shakeshout:

brendan's dad 04-04-2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waldedw (Post 4357108)
This just has to be like your version of a late April fools joke ..... right :sHa_shakeshout:

The Oilers will have to win the cup before some folks on here will even considering acknowledging the Oilers are a good team.

Calgary will be ok because after the game Cassie said the Flames were the better and should have won. I am sure that make everyone feel better and give Sutter a good night's sleep.

Tungsten, 04-04-2021 09:43 PM

How is this all going to play out with covid finding it’s way into Vancouver and Montreal? Will they extend the season to make up games? With numbers up you have to wonder if this season will even finish never mind playoffs.