Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Using smaller grain the answer? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=333275)

gloszz 11-12-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rem338win (Post 3666051)
Did you just tell him to commit domestic abuse?

Youre straight tripping kid and need a fix.

HAHAHA! No I told him to take his anger and aggression out in the name of love. You know, make love to a lady. Why would I ever tell him to beat a woman...? I guess thats what you must be thinking about.

rem338win 11-12-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs (Post 3666054)
Have you ever used Alberta Advantage Outfitters? Looks a lot like you on the profile picture of their facebook page, with the bear

https://www.facebook.com/AlbertaAdva...type=1&theater

It is the same person.

rem338win 11-12-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloszz (Post 3666056)
HAHAHA! No I told him to take his anger and aggression out in the name of love. You know, make love to a lady. Why would I ever tell him to beat a woman...? I guess thats what you must be thinking about.

Well then say that. You told him to find a lady to take his agression out on.

Good grief.

gloszz 11-12-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Have you ever used Alberta Advantage Outfitters? Looks a lot like you on the profile picture of their facebook page, with the bear

Seriously? How can you be so blind? I am done lol. I don't even know why I need to defend myself from idiots.

Look at the face and body structure. Or the glasses. Nothing matches. Perhaps use some facial recognition software to prove your hypothesis.

KegRiver 11-12-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Kind of interesting that he would even have the above photo right at his finger tips.
Google couldn't find it and it's not on his facebook page.

HowSwedeItIs 11-12-2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rem338win (Post 3666065)
It is the same person.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KegRiver (Post 3666074)
Kind of interesting that he would even have the above photo right at his finger tips.
Google couldn't find it and it's not on his facebook page.

Makes you wonder what the connection between them is

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloszz (Post 3666068)
Seriously? How can you be so blind? I am done lol. I don't even know why I need to defend myself from idiots.

Look at the face and body structure. Or the glasses. Nothing matches. Perhaps use some facial recognition software to prove your hypothesis.

Answer the question

gloszz 11-12-2017 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs (Post 3666092)
Makes you wonder what the connection between them is

Answer the question

We are lovers. It is 2017 and it should be acceptable. We met on www.matchpoachers.com and it was love from first PM. Now hop off, love is love ok

Hunter4ever12 11-12-2017 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloszz (Post 3666094)
We are lovers. It is 2017 and it should be acceptable. We met on www.matchpoachers.com and it was love from first PM. Now hop off, love is love ok

LMAO!!!! Now this is post of the year!!!

QBC 11-12-2017 09:46 PM

Hu...I was thinking of posting in this thread, but it's gone seriously sideways....:argue2:

gloszz 11-12-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QBC (Post 3666105)
Hu...I was thinking of posting in this thread, but it's gone seriously sideways....:argue2:

Are you surprised? Every thread that I start or post in, as soon as Keg barges in, it goes sideways completely.

rem338win 11-13-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloszz (Post 3666068)

Eyes, eye color, nose, cheeks, teeth and smile are all the same. No rocket surgeons need apply. Same guy.

Heck, I have no dog in this fight. Just calling spades spades.

DExplorer 11-13-2017 03:53 AM

Maybe grains of powder in the bullet might help. I use a heavier bullets (185gr) in a .308 and I don't find extensive meat damage an issue. I handload and use the lower end of the recommended range of grains of powder. Maybe that might help?

petew 11-13-2017 05:22 AM

Nosler Partitions have been my bullet of choice for many years. reliable expansion at all ranges, and never fragment. My grandson just shot his first deer with his 6.5 x 55 , 125 gr Partition at 40 yards slightly quartering away. broke 2 ribs going in , hit both lungs and 1 rib exiting, leaving about a 1" exit hole and virtualy no meat loss when I butchered it. Just a 20 yard recovery.

Partitions are expensive but they are totally reliable for expansion at all ranges from point blank to as far as I shoot
I use them for everything but paper.
Here are my preferences

243 win 95 or 100 gr partition
6.5 x 55 125 gr or 140 gr partition
270 win 130 gr partition
30-06 165 gr partition
7MM Rem Mag 150 gr partition
9.3 x 62 286 gr partition

I don't recall recovering a partition from an animal, they always exit and never leave massive holes and multiple wound channels from the bullet striping the core from the copper jackets.

58thecat 11-13-2017 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillbilly 12 (Post 3665805)
We'll you cannot use a 223 for hunting big game, and for me it's bullet construction that has to do with damage, not so much grain. Also if you worry about damage I would rather shoot at the lungs, a you only ruin a couple strips of meat between the ribs.

This!
You ruin a lot of stew/burger meat by neck shooting them.

Run that pill through the lungs, little to know waste there.

kujoseto 11-13-2017 11:38 AM

This thread is surprisingly hilarious. Did not expect the derail

Norwest Alta 11-13-2017 11:50 AM

Most importantly is who is who?

Ranger CS 11-13-2017 12:16 PM

It appears to me that this childish quarrel needs to go back to the sandbox where it belongs and not be disputed here on this Forum where the intent of the post has been clearly derailed.:argue2:

kujoseto 11-13-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloszz (Post 3666040)
You sir are denser than lead and mercury. I am stating facts. I am sick and tired of you and your mental sickness that comes up once in a while.

Get new glasses while you are at it. How do you see any resemblance here:
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d7&oe=5A63E3BB
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f7&oe=5A9762B7

Move on and go hunting or find a lady to take your aggression out on.

Just to be clear. ...
gloszz, is that you holding the walleye?

gloszz 11-13-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kujoseto (Post 3666434)
Just to be clear. ...
gloszz, is that you holding the walleye?

No sir. I'm the one with my wife. If you look a few posts prior I'm also the one with the geese.

kujoseto 11-13-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloszz (Post 3666476)
No sir. I'm the one with my wife. If you look a few posts prior I'm also the one with the geese.

Ah I see.

Pixel Shooter 11-13-2017 01:29 PM

Im tired of reading this crap, knock it off people and stay on topic, handing out infractions like it was candy.............

were done here
http://www.pbase.com/keithrankin/image/153854092.jpg

Pioneer2 11-13-2017 02:32 PM

meat damage

My son shot an anterless mule deer with a Savage 212 slug gun and 3' Rem Accu-Tip 385gr bullets at 1900fps or so.It went through like a 2x2 board destroyed one shoulder and missed the other.High velocity and poor bullet placement/construction wrecks meat.Shoot the ribs as few eat lungs.Was able to salvage about half the shoulder hit.They don't always stand still to get shot.

kujoseto 11-13-2017 03:56 PM

Thanks for clearing that up gloszz. I wasn't sure what these guys were griping about and your pics weren't clear to me what you were saying.
Apparently it was an infraction to ask you that. Lolz.
I think that's hilarious. The policing here is like the bs being slung at you.
And I bid thee farewell because I probably just got my first legitimate infraction but my second total. Take care gloszz. Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time.

As for the bullet, I'd be using less on deer. If you stick with 30, it doesn't matter so much what size but more so construction. A heavy 180 gr may zip through with less damage. For example I put an accubond through a yotie with little damage but it was bang flop outta my 300 wsm.
Good luck with the hunting. Nice haul on the geese being new to it

Norwest Alta 11-13-2017 04:04 PM

Don’t matter what you use you’ll have meat damage. Shoot them in the shoulder, neck or ass you’ll have meat damage with light bullets or heavy bullets. Better to have a little meat damage then no meat at all is my thoughts. If you anchor it thru the shoulders what do you loose, 5lbs of meat? Better then having it run off to make coyote ****.

gloszz 11-13-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kujoseto (Post 3666642)
Thanks for clearing that up gloszz. I wasn't sure what these guys were griping about and your pics weren't clear to me what you were saying.
Apparently it was an infraction to ask you that. Lolz.
I think that's hilarious. The policing here is like the bs being slung at you.
And I bid thee farewell because I probably just got my first legitimate infraction but my second total. Take care gloszz. Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time.

As for the bullet, I'd be using less on deer. If you stick with 30, it doesn't matter so much what size but more so construction. A heavy 180 gr may zip through with less damage. For example I put an accubond through a yotie with little damage but it was bang flop outta my 300 wsm.
Good luck with the hunting. Nice haul on the geese being new to it

Sorry for getting you in trouble. I didn't take offence to what you said. And thank you. I didn't get those geese alone. Had help from some great guys. I think one of them is on the forum and hides in the shadows. We did get our limit but I didn't shoot all those on my own, and going over limit haha.

Pixel Shooter 11-13-2017 04:28 PM

Where things go wrong is when people take there comments off topic and derail a thread. . Best to take to pm and take offline. It was a simple slap on wrist and move on. Then we get keyboard warriors telling mods how to do there job. Us mods didn’t make the rules but we moderate to them. They are clearly posted for all to see. We don’t have any skin in this fight. People want to get ****y with mods well sux to be u. Don’t get paid enough for that crap.

We donate our time. Respect between fellow outdoorsmen would go along ways and u wouldn’t require moderators. I know. I’m dreaming 🙄

Norwest Alta 11-13-2017 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter (Post 3666657)
Where things go wrong is when people take there comments off topic and derail a thread. . Best to take to pm and take offline. It was a simple slap on wrist and move on. Then we get keyboard warriors telling mods how to do there job. Us mods didn’t make the rules but we moderate to them. They are clearly posted for all to see. We don’t have any skin in this fight. People want to get ****y with mods well sux to be u. Don’t get paid enough for that crap.

We donate our time. Respect between fellow outdoorsmen would go along ways and u wouldn’t require moderators. I know. I’m dreaming 🙄

So lighter bullet and bigger gun?
Lighter bullet and same gun?
Smaller gun and lighter bullet?
Or same gun same bullet but learning how to shoot?

Thanks for donating.

covey ridge 11-13-2017 07:00 PM

With traditional cup and core bullets I find that lighter bullets going faster cause more damage, than heavier bullets.

covey ridge 11-13-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloszz (Post 3665948)
I guess I will just stick to my 06. If I decide to down grade, I may just go down to a .270.

I would look at the .270 as being an upgrade:)

vic1 11-13-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by covey ridge (Post 3666772)
With traditional cup and core bullets I find that lighter bullets going faster cause more damage, than heavier bullets.

X2