Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Trapping Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Going crazy waiting ! NAFA lots ! (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=248731)

nube 03-23-2015 01:41 PM

I have 2 left over beaver and all my coyotes up but no lynx or marten. I only sent in a couple lynx and 1 marten so who knows what's going on. Also missing my fisher now to think of it as well. I am not too worried. They will show. No point getting excited over it yet.

PCP_ECOM 03-23-2015 03:19 PM

grades

1 Attachment(s)
well got grades for fox and yote,not impressed with what they graded my yote's is it just me,because i'm not seeing dark darkbrown yote's in this picture

PCP_ECOM 03-23-2015 03:28 PM

lots

Got two labelled red fox on a better not in heavy section,rest were semi's,no muskrat grades though,anyone else have muskrat grades?

kingrat 03-23-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCP_ECOM (Post 2775225)
well got grades for fox and yote,not impressed with what they graded my yote's is it just me,because i'm not seeing dark darkbrown yote's in this picture

Hard to tell but most of mine went dk-dbr and they looked alot darker than that however last sale I ave 139 can so cant complain, another thing i noticed last slae had lots of GD and they were earlier yotes this sale have mostly AVE with some GD tougher grade for sure still should be good.

PCP_ECOM 03-23-2015 04:41 PM

rat lots

Had 40 of my rats grade NTH which placed them in the EASTERN SECTION,this is a good thing i'm thinking:sHa_shakeshout:,out of 191 only 9 were damaged from 70 that were spring caught.

PCP_ECOM 03-23-2015 04:45 PM

fox

2 fox in top 9 lots both labelled:sHa_shakeshout:

pikeslayer22 03-23-2015 04:48 PM

What does labelled mean?

PCP_ECOM 03-23-2015 04:51 PM

labelled

Buyer will get tags which will be sewn to inside of garmet,these are high quality goods.

PCP_ECOM 03-23-2015 04:53 PM

yote's

thought our yote's were heavy,i graded 2 in SEMI,WTF,i'm confused,and they were my best grades I-II GC 1-2 GD, I-II MED 1-4 AVG,can someone please help with clarifying this for me.

pikeslayer22 03-23-2015 04:55 PM

Thx Peter...have two labelled yotes wasn't sure

PCP_ECOM 03-23-2015 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 (Post 2775330)
Thx Peter...have two labelled yotes wasn't sure

They'll bring good money congrats

bill9044 03-23-2015 05:17 PM

I was also looking at my grades and thought they graded pretty tough. I had some extra early and a few early. I will admit that 2 were early but I did not get another yote til end of Nov.

But what can you do. Hope they sell well. Good luck guys.

nube 03-23-2015 05:33 PM

Grading on some were odd for sure.
I got one labelled this and can't figure it out
3XL-XL IV NC,

It was a huge dog with not so great fur. Think the NC is north central. Not sure why I got that ?

What is the IV?
Will be interesting to see what kind of pocket change he brings. Rather skin him than chuck him

Got my fisher grade and happy with that as a labelled skin.
My one lynx was a slight damage which I am really happy about as it was partially eaten and it had a huge rip in it that I sewed up
FISHER
LOT
SIZE |GRADE |COLOR |CLR|
QTY
LGE *I LBR 3
FISHER Total 1

LYNX
LOT
SIZE |GRADE |COLOR |CLR|
QTY
XL-LGE SDG 4 NWT,GD
LM I-II 4 NWT,
LYNX Total 2

kingrat 03-23-2015 05:42 PM

IV is the grade its one nor two up from NCV No commercial value not good nube and nc is usually nice color weird alright.

nube 03-23-2015 05:51 PM

Ya it was weird. I looked at the dog when I caught him and he had real short hair. Not much long guard hair but I didn't think he was that bad. I had rubbed up and mangy dogs that looked worse than he did. I just hate chucking them unless they are real bad but I guess this one was worse than I saw.

crazyfish 03-23-2015 06:30 PM

I'm happy with my grading I guess , about where o thought they might be , no big surprises . But I do have one question , I have one graded .. XL -Lg *1. DK 3-4

I'm not sure what the asterisk beside the 1 is for ?

Most of mine are dark or Dk-DBR with a few mediums . But being North o edmonton I'm not surprised with the color

HunterDave 03-23-2015 06:48 PM

Brad, anything graded I* is great!

crazyfish 03-23-2015 06:54 PM

Thanks Dave !

Now I just have to try and relax and not go crazy waiting for the sale to see what all of us are gonna get paid !!! Hope it goes well !

kingrat 03-23-2015 06:55 PM

its a labeled skin the buyer gets a liitle tag they can sew onto the inside of the garment if they want saying it was the best of that grade or whatever like a select almost, good to have.

MooseRiverTrapper 03-23-2015 07:09 PM

For rats what does a grade of SLT mean?
Also what does NTH mean? You would think those would be in the fur resource.

H380 03-23-2015 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCP_ECOM (Post 2775225)

Got the same thing here on a couple peter , but i did get one labeled in the third lot and 3 in the seventh . Be interesting to see how the coons go , my best is in second lot 3XL SEL , and 2XL SEL. Haven't sold a coon in years so have no clue what they will go for .

PCP_ECOM 03-23-2015 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfish (Post 2775425)
I'm happy with my grading I guess , about where o thought they might be , no big surprises . But I do have one question , I have one graded .. XL -Lg *1. DK 3-4

I'm not sure what the asterisk beside the 1 is for ?

Most of mine are dark or Dk-DBR with a few mediums . But being North o edmonton I'm not surprised with the color

* means labelled and buyer will get label to sew inside garmet,high quality goods

PCP_ECOM 03-23-2015 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper (Post 2775458)

SLT means first grade very slight imperfection's NTH means North,rats should be in Eastern Section

HunterDave 03-23-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper (Post 2775458)

I believe that SLT means Slight Damage which isn't all that bad. My SLT rats in the last auction sold for $8.99 (3XL-XXL) and $7.13 (XL). That was just a little less than what I got for my I-II of the same size.

NTH = Northern.

MooseRiverTrapper 03-23-2015 07:36 PM

Thanks guy. I would assume NTH is a higher grade then good?

PCP_ECOM 03-23-2015 07:40 PM

yote's

Well at least one of my Semi yote's is in top 5 lot,next one is 25 lot,sad I will probably get half as much.:(

coyote_man 03-23-2015 07:41 PM

Auction

Got the letter for one bunch and I am baffled. All are 1-2 or 1-4 with one 3-4.So the 1-4 can fall anywhere?Im in 100 % agreement on size though. .Now to check with the other two skinners as how we did. Guess time will tell

H380 03-23-2015 07:47 PM

so what time does auction start on the 26th ?

HunterDave 03-23-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCP_ECOM (Post 2775478)
SLT means first grade very slight imperfection's NTH means North,rats should be in Eastern Section

I find it odd that western rats are in with eastern rats. Shouldn't they be listed in a western muskrat section in the catalogue by themselves with NTH in the lot comments?

Eastern: Pelts included in the Eastern section originating in Eastern Canada—east of the Manitoba-Ontario border and in the Eastern United States—east of Minnesota.
The Muskrats are large in size, have long guard hairs, bluish underfur and are silky in texture. Because the pelts differ from North to South, there are three sections within the Easterns.

Northern.....North Central.....Central

Western: Originate in Western Canada—west of the Manitoba-Ontario border and the Western United States. The pelts are generally smaller in size, browner in colour and have less dense underfur. Two sections differentiate the Canadian & United States Muskrats in the West.

Northern.....North Central

http://www.nafa.ca/trapper/Resources...9_Musquash.pdf

HunterDave 03-23-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper (Post 2775487)
Thanks guy. I would assume NTH is a higher grade then good?

NTH isn't a grade, it's an indication of where it is from. Western + NTH

Western: Originate in Western Canada—west of the Manitoba-Ontario border and the Western United States. The pelts are generally smaller in size, browner in colour and have less dense underfur. Two sections differentiate the Canadian & United States Muskrats in the West.

Northern: Includes Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta.
Smaller sizes with average colour, weight and leather.