Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2019 Stanley Cup playoffs (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=361666)

Pixel Shooter 04-06-2019 11:23 PM

2019 NHL playoffs

Playoffs starting Wednesday night. Man can’t wait. There are allot of first round playoff series that should be great entertainment. Nothing better then great playoff hockey with the high compete level. Bring it on.

TB Lightening vs CB Jackets
BOS Bruins vs TO Maple Leafs
WAS Capitals vs CAR Hurricanes
NY Islanders vs PIT Penguins

NSH Predators vs DAL Stars
WPG Jets vs STL Blues
CGY Flames vs COL Avalanche
SJ Sharks vs VGK Knights

58thecat 04-07-2019 07:07 AM

Sweet 16......put the whistles away and let'em beat upon each other to have the right to hoist the cup!

Rig-Rat 04-10-2019 08:23 PM

Columbus catches Tampa Bay sleeping to take game 1. Love it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Trochu 04-10-2019 08:38 PM

Just watching the Pittsburg/New York game. The backup goalie is essentially sitting in the stands, down in the corner near the door, as there is no room for him on the bench. Odd set up.

Rig-Rat 04-10-2019 08:47 PM

Sharks Vegas up next, I hope they go into OT every game a period or two and pound each other. Jets loose which sucks, but I am no Liane fan fo doesn't bother me much. Would like to see a Canadian team advance though.

Jamie 04-10-2019 08:54 PM

Some of the saves tonight are UNREAL. I do like the look of the Arena for the Jets.. That White is amazing.

Imagine what RED will look like in 24 hours.

RandyBoBandy 04-10-2019 09:12 PM

WOW, so far all the TOP picks have lost Game 1 and Preds/Stars game still going on :)

Trochu 04-10-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy (Post 3961191)
WOW, so far all the TOP picks have lost Game 1 and Preds/Stars game still going on :)

That is almost correct. :)

Jigger 04-10-2019 11:39 PM

The whiteout is odd. Could have sworn they were cheering for st.louis.

Jamie 04-10-2019 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigger (Post 3961234)
The whiteout is odd. Could have sworn they were cheering for st.louis.

I think it comes from back in the day When the home team wore white?

But then that doesn't explain the C of Red that was started back in the 80's

does it ALL outdoors 04-11-2019 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucksman (Post 3955990)
its going to be someone from the west. Tough to make it out of the east without being damaged to some extent. Only takes 90 points to clinch a playoff spot in the west.

The west has a lot bigger teams that like to play smash mouth hockey, the east are more like European hockey, no touch.

Hard to argue with Tampa Bay in the east, but never write off Pittsburgh or the defending cup champs.

In the west St.Lou (they should of won it three times in recent memory) San José another coulda woulda team, I won't be betting on them to win a single round. Would love to see the Jets fly. The sooner the Golden Nights are out the better, same for the make-b-Leaves.

Like mentioned it's the dark horse team ya gotta figure out.

Playoffs are such a different animal it's hard to predict & the hot goalies usually carry their teams to a certain extent.

does it ALL outdoors 04-11-2019 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 3961237)

Canucks coach Roger Nielson started the white flag waiving in '82 after a flurry of bad calls from the refs. They have been surrendering ever since :sHa_sarcasticlol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a8oBzKfP2jc&t=95s

58thecat 04-11-2019 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors (Post 3961245)
Canucks coach Roger Nielson started the white flag waiving in '82 after a flurry of bad calls from the refs. They have been surrendering ever since :sHa_sarcasticlol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a8oBzKfP2jc&t=95s

He was a beauty for sure!

Rig-Rat 04-11-2019 06:56 AM

How bout them Sharks? Dang they handled VGN pretty handily last night.
Kane and Reeves going at each other towards the end. That's a battle I would like to see go down.

RandyBoBandy 04-11-2019 08:48 PM

reid wilkins 630 ched mentioned a stat tonight, that since 2006 first round playoff games WON on the first game, the winner of that first game goes on to win the series..Only happens in the first round...There are some teams in BIG trouble :)

58thecat 04-12-2019 06:02 AM

Flames are fired up....leafs got lucky.....some past oilers are still playing and the rest are.....starts with a "G".....could include a foursome....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Trochu 04-12-2019 07:35 AM

Curious to see if Columbus is for real or if Tampa is going to bowl them over.

Jamie 04-12-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rig-Rat (Post 3961285)
How bout them Sharks? Dang they handled VGN pretty handily last night.
Kane and Reeves going at each other towards the end. That's a battle I would like to see go down.

Tonight first 5 minutes???
Don't be late!

Rig-Rat 04-12-2019 02:51 PM

IMO Jets are already in a MUST win situation. They need a win tonight, or it's way to steep a hill from there.
Knights need to win as well as we want that series to last.
Pens tie it up tonight , and Lighting destroy tonight after being shown up last game.
Bring on game 2.

Trochu 04-12-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rig-Rat (Post 3962110)
IMO Jets are already in a MUST win situation. They need a win tonight, or it's way to steep a hill from there.
Knights need to win as well as we want that series to last.
Pens tie it up tonight , and Lighting destroy tonight after being shown up last game.
Bring on game 2.

It would definitely not be ideal for the Jets to be heading into St. Louis down 0-2.

brendan's dad 04-12-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trochu (Post 3961901)
Curious to see if Columbus is for real or if Tampa is going to bowl them over.

3-0 Columbus in the 2nd.

sgill808 04-12-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendan's dad (Post 3962198)
3-0 Columbus in the 2nd.

Thats crazy.

Trochu 04-12-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

3-0 Columbus in the 2nd.

Wow!

Thanks for the update.

Habfan 04-12-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 3961237)

But then that doesn't explain the C of Red that was started back in the 80's

It was back in the day when home team was white, the C of Red did not start in the 80s though. You can look back at pictures of the Habs winning the cup in Calgary and the crowd was a mix of Red and White. I think the C of Red Started when Kipper took them on a run.

RandyBoBandy 04-12-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

3-0 Columbus in the 2nd.

This is surreal, Lightning were picked to sweep the series in 3 games they were so awesome :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Jamie 04-12-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habfan (Post 3962207)
It was back in the day when home team was white, the C of Red did not start in the 80s though. You can look back at pictures of the Habs winning the cup in Calgary and the crowd was a mix of Red and White. I think the C of Red Started when Kipper took them on a run.

Kinda true.. The rise in Jersey sales was extremely noticeable in 2004. But it was Badger Bob Johnson or Terry Crisp that first used the words "Sea of Red" He spoke of standing on the bench and looking around the dome during a playoff run and describing it as a "Sea of Red"

Someone changed it to "C of Red" and we now have everyone with 1-4 Jerseys in their closet.

You can call me Cliff Claven...

RandyBoBandy 04-12-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 3962230)
Kinda true.. The rise in Jersey sales was extremely noticeable in 2004. But it was Badger Bob Johnson or Terry Crisp that first used the words "Sea of Red" He spoke of standing on the bench and looking around the dome during a playoff run and describing it as a "Sea of Red"

Someone changed it to "C of Red" and we now have everyone with 1-4 Jerseys in their closet.

You can call me Cliff Claven...

Do you wear white socks ?? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Jamie 04-12-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy (Post 3962232)
Do you wear white socks ?? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Go find a shirt....LOLOLOL

Get me a cheese burger as well. But first, get a shirt.

Rig-Rat 04-12-2019 07:49 PM

Well we will see what the Bluejackets can do with a 2-0 series lead this year.
Had it last year against the Caps and look what happened.
Go Jets, and I look for the VGN to have a better night tonight.

Jamie 04-12-2019 07:50 PM

Took me some looking but here is what I found.

During the Flames' run to the Stanley Cup Finals of 2004, most of the Flames fans attending the hockey games at the Saddledome wore a red jersey with Calgary's flaming C on it.[43] Sales of the Flames red home jersey, introduced at the start of the 2003–04 campaign, were so strong during the playoffs that manufacturer CCM stopped production on all other team jerseys in order to keep up with demand of Flames uniforms.[96] The team set a league record for sales of a new uniform design.[97] The tradition of the C of Red dates back to the 1986 Stanley Cup playoffs against the Oilers. Oiler fans were donning hats promoting "Hat Trick Fever" in their quest for three straight Stanley Cups. Flames fans countered by wearing red. In the 1987 playoffs against Winnipeg, the Jets responded to the C of Red by encouraging fans to wear white, creating the "Winnipeg whiteout".[98] During the Flames' games when "The Star-Spangled Banner" is sung, fans shout the words see and red to signify the "C of Red" theme.

And now you know the rest of the story

I am Paul Harvey... Good Day...